Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Ca-Non


Along with Sony, Canon urgently need to look at the consumer side of their website. They may make good cameras, but they are clearly not a media company. Bought a Canon 400D to replace a Canon 30D stolen last week. After a lengthy and complicated registration procedure, I see that Canon doesn't allow you get a second free 512K memory card on the same Canon account. So have to open another one.... So the person who designed the website never thought of the situation that I might just have two cameras, or had one stolen. The site is slow - I would never dream of using their site to store pictures, it's like getting into Fort Knox to retrieve what is really yours. Reminds me of the hassle I went through to get information on a webcam they made a few years ago.....you don't want to know. Sadly, nothing seems to have changed.

No comments:

ShareThis